Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time Off for Michelle...Movies, Football, and Carbon Monoxide?

I have had a really nice weekend. It started off with my being able to go see New Moon with a friend. We went on Thursday night and it was great because we saw it at 9:20 at the District which has assigned seating, so no waiting! She also picked me up in her husbands Mercedes which is also fun for me since I have been stuck in mini-van/SUV land for the past 10 years. About the movie, I say better than the first and go TEAM JACOB! Enough said....
Then on Saturday, I was at the gym and one of our neighbors was kind enough to ask if Justin and I would like to go to the BYU game with them since they had a couple extra tickets. I knew Justin would love that so we were in. Lucky for us they were Legacy tickets. I have never sat in those seats before and let me tell you what...I will never enjoy another BYU game that is not in them. That is the way to go. You get food (and dang good food) before the game, and at half-time. You also get free hot chocolate, a king size candy of some kind, and two water bottles. The view of the field is great and you have the comfortable chairs. I need more friends with Legacy seats. Anyone?
I also got to take Mikaela and a couple of her friends to the mall as a "thanks for babysitting". They had a good time and it was fun for me to watch them. They are growing up so fast!
Today has been nice. Our carbon monoxide detector went off at about 3:30 while I was making dinner and Justin was home teaching. I called him to come home because I wasn't sure what to do about that other than to open all the windows to let fresh air in. The alarm went off for about 20-30 min, then the air cleared. A man from questar came to check everything out and we are okay. He thinks that it was from the soup I had left simmering on the stove for 2 hrs. Apparently that is too long. I am just grateful that it went off and that we know it works. We ended up finishing cooking dinner and some cookies that I had to take to a church event over at Ryan and Jens and then stayed and combined our dinners. It made for a fun evening. It is really nice to have them across the street. The girls made up a hilarious dance together that Jen said she will post on her blog. So funny!
Tomorrow is Justin's b-day so we have more fun outings to start the week. Justin let me know today that this was the first week in our marriage where he cleaned the kitchen more than I did. I was out on Tues., Thurs, and Sat. nights. Still not sure you beat me dear. He is claiming that he helped me the other nights. Either way, I enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just barely bought a Carbon Mon. detector and new smoke alarms! I'm so glad yours wasn't serious--that was probably scary. Sounds like you've had great couple of weeks--have a Happy Thanksgiving:)

Our Family

Our Family