Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time Out for Women

This weekend my sisters, mom and I went to Time Out for Women. This was my first time to attend this event, I hadn't really even heard of it before. I was so pleasantly surprised! It was a lot of fun. There were about 7 or 8 speakers and then Jenny Oaks Baker performed the first night and Hillary Weeks performed the second day. The speakers included Sherry Dew, Wendy Nelson (Elder Nelson's wife who is also Sherry Dew's best friend), Mary-Ellen Edmunds, a lady who lived next door to my sister Julie (Sis. Belcher) who is blind due to cancer, and a few others. They were all seriously funny and inspirational. The next event is in Logan Sept. 2010 and I am planning to go again.
We stayed at Connie's house Friday night because she lives the closest and we just had a big slumber party. We ate lots of good food and stayed up until 1:30. On Saturday we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and ate some more! (Not mentioning that I also ate at the Olive Garden for lunch...). It was so nice to get out and relax. Justin was in the Philippines so Guy and Judy watched the kids which I really appreciate. It was also nice because I am currently the primary secretary in my ward and while I enjoy it, I don't get to go to sunday school or relief society anymore, so I feel like I miss out on those opportunities to just sit back and be taught. I miss that. Now, I am feeling like a new mom/wife. It helps to get out and have time away every once in awhile. I am currently looking for a friend to go to California with me sometime in January if there are any takers out there :).
I did take one picture before my camera died for good. But the cable is still gone. Justin's birthday is on Monday, don't tell him, but he is getting a new camera :). Maybe then, I will be able to post pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard how wonderful that is. I really want to go before I'm nursing AGAIN!! Glad you got a little time for you:)

Our Family

Our Family