Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ER Sundays

Our children have had several trips to the ER over the years. Nathan and Mikaela have broken their arms, we have had several stitches, etc. For some reason, they ALL have happened on Sunday. It has been a joke in our family for awhile. It will be Sunday afternoon when I finally let my kids out of the house and I will say "don't do anything crazy...it's Sunday." They know what I mean.
Well this Sunday was a nice day. We went to Grantsville for mothers day and we had nice visits with our mothers. It was fun to see family. It was also a little crazy that morning and I hadn't even had time to take a shower. I went to church looking and feeling a little frazzled. So I had told Justin that I would really like to get home by a decent hour so that I could take a relaxing bath. We actually got out on time and we got home and started unloading everything. We had literally been home five minutes, at most, when I hear what I thought was my kids fighting because there was so much screaming. Mikaela walks in holding Ella who has blood running profusely down her face. I had just seen Ella walking upstairs. I had no idea that she had gone out front and was riding her bike. She apparently fell on her face because her lip was cut badly, her front tooth was pushed back, and some of her gums had been scraped off. (I know OUCH!). I always have to mentally calm myself when I see one of my kids in a state like this because what I really want to do is run around screaming myself. It just turns your stomach into knots that don't leave until it is all fixed.
We ended up spending the rest of mothers day in the ER. Thank you to Tiffany who came and sat with our kids until after midnight. Ella was so brave. On the way to the hospital she kept saying "call the doctor to see if it's going to hurt" because she asked me if it was going to hurt, and I didn't want to lie to her. I knew that best case she was at least going to have to have a shot or IV, so I told her that it might hurt we were just going to have to see what the doctor needed to do. She didn't cry at all. Not one tear. She watched them put the needle into her leg and was fine. They used a consious sedation which are never fun to watch. It also makes my stomach turn to see my little girl laying on the table while the doctor stitches her lip and her eyes are wide open with her body jerking. Oh I hate the whole thing. I am glad that we have that help available though.
So, another Sunday in the ER. What are the odds, really?
Oh, and then on Monday at Nates baseball game, Ella gets hit in the back of the head with a foul ball. Poor thing got hit hard. She seems to be a magnet for pain right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Mother's Day! Hopefully today is better for you.....We haven't had to do the stitches, yet. I'm sure it'll happen:)

Our Family

Our Family