Michelle will be shocked to see me post to the blog, but there's a first time for everything. I always wake up early my first night overseas. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. today and decided to try to figure out how to post to the blog. I'll try to post each day, but we'll see how that goes.
Yesterday was great. We arrived in Zurich at about 7:00 a.m. and got on a bus and drove to the Swiss LDS Temple in Bern. It's the one in the movie "How Rare a Possession". Here's short video of our stop at the temple.
We then got back on the bus and drove about an hour and half to the Swiss Alps. The Alps are amazing! We drove through a beautiful village called Interloken and then arrived at the base of Mt. Eiger.
From here we caught a cog-wheel train that took us up the mountain. Here are a few pictures from the top:
We then got back on the train and headed down the other side. This was my favorite part. The view was incredible.
Notice the cliffs on the right side of the pic. You'll see a few waterfalls coming off the top of the cliff. The next pics will show us getting closer. I couldn't believe how steep those mountains are.
Remember the waterfall in the distance from the first picture.Here it is from the base. This village was so cool. Everything is so clean.
We then drove to Grindelwald where we spent our first night. This is a really quaint village. So peaceful and beautiful.
Here is a panoramic view from the balcony of my room at the Hotel Eiger.



The view as you cross the street in front of the hotel is also spectacular. Check this out.......
Day 1 was great. I've got to run to get ready to go to Church. We're off to Lucern, Switzerland after church. Michelle will be meeting me next week in Vienna. I can't wait for her to get here. I really wish you were here to see the Alps babe! We'll definitely come back here together.
Days 2 and 3 - From Grindelwald to Lucern, Switzerland
We woke up in one of my favorite places in the world, Grindlewald and had a delicious buffett breakfast. We then had a great sacrament meeting. I took the next video that morning. Everything there was so peaceful. Check this out........
After leaving Grindlewald we drove down to Interloken, which is a nice city. We stayed there for an hour or so, and then drove to Lucern, where we've now spent two days. Today we visited two businesses ZAI ski company, and the Partners group. Zai makes high end handmade skis. We watched them make part of one. They range in price from $3,000 to about $9,000. We then visited a private equity company called the partner group. Both were interesting visits.
To get to Zai we had to drive through some very windy mountains. I'll post a few pictures, but need to get to bed. I haven't slept well since arriving, but need to get to bed soon. I have to be up early to leave for Munich in the morning. 5:30 wake up call!
Here are a few pics from the last day or so: My internet is out of time. This is all I'll post for now










3 comments:
I see the formatting didn't turn out well. I don't have time to fix it now, but will try later. Oh well, it's my first post. I'll figure it out.
Amazing how beautiful it is..yes, I wish I could have been there for that part.
Looks like I need to take a trip to Switzerland! I hope you guys have a great time. I wish I could see you while you're here! Maybe you can make a second trip and come to the Netherlands!
Post a Comment