I am not the kind of person who makes a good door mat. I am not a martyr. I am well aware that maybe I should be. But I have a VERY hard time not standing up for myself. So when Justin tells me that he has to stay late tonight for a "teambuilding" activity, I am not feeling very supportive. I am wanting to punch somebody (wont mention names-no not my husband) because they are lecturing about the importance of teambuilding! Can you not accomplish this in the 8 hours that you have my husbands time? Must we really go to a corn maze to build our team when our family hasn't seen us in 3days and who won't see us at all tommorow either? Is the good we are accomplishing at said cornmaze equall to the good we might accomplish by giving wife a break after a long day where the baby only slept 4 hours the night previous and who doesn't seem to EVER take a nap! (and who is screaming in her swing now). Maybe if not mentioned person had kids of his own and a wife who is at home all day with needy children instead of a wife who has her own "teambuilding" experiences, maybe he would get it.
So let it be known now that at my funeral, it will not be said that "she never uttered a word of complaint" cause guess what? I am complaining!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
I hear ya!!! The blogger finally let me accept the invitation to your blog. YIPEE. Did you get my email explaining Saturday?
AMEN! Jon is always going to "teambuilding" activities and I just don't get it.
This made me laugh. Luckily, Chad doesn't have any "teambuilding" activities. I'm sure he would like me to have a few less. If he wrote our blog I think he would be saying the same thing you did but it would be about book club or another YW meeting.
Post a Comment