Monday, October 13, 2008

Girls Weekend

Friday night, my sisters and I went to Park City for a little getaway. I am mad at myself for not taking any pictures. The excitement started very early when a little boy tried to climb in the car with us. He just walked into the garage and climbed into the car with Tiffany, Laurie and I. I didn't know who he was and he wasn't giving us any information except "the red park" so Laurie followed him to the park hoping that his parents were there. She called when she reached the park to tell us that the park was empty. We were just about to call the police to help, when he finally gave up his last name. Luckily, I recognized the name and I was able to drive to his parents house. As I pulled up the babysitter was just getting into the car to find him. Apparently the parents were in Las Vegas. So we finally pull out a half an hour late and as we get to the top of Provo canyon, Justin calls and asks if I know where the van keys are (since I was driving his car). "Why yes, as a matter of fact I do, they are in my coat pocket. Sorry!" Fortunately Gary and Tiffany were kind enough to lend their vehicle to Justin so that we didn't have to turn back around. Once we finally made it to the condo, we had a great time. It is so nice to be able to chat, eat, watch movies, shop and relax! Brooke flew in from St. George to be there. I hadn't seen her son Drew for a long time. He is very cute. He will be fighting off the ladies when he gets older. We were only missing Gina, but she was closing on her house so she had more important things to do.
Saturday we woke to snow. I knew that there was going to be a possibility but it snowed pretty hard for awhile. Thankfully, it didn't stick to the roads. I have a healthy fear of driving in the snow thanks to a couple of close calls in my days. It was fun to see Kate with snow in her eyelashes for the first time.
Next year we decided that we need to make it a two night event. I am all for that!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish my sisters would do that, we will need to start that tradition!

Our Family

Our Family