Sunday, September 28, 2008

Piles, Piles and More Piles!



Okay, so yesterday was full of piles. Starting out with the football variety. Nate played another great game. They won 28-0. Justin and Nate are just having too much fun with the football. I must admit that I enjoy watching them too.

Next pile...or piles in this case was the clothing/toy variety. The football Gods were smiling on me yesterday because BYU had a bye and I was able to get some help out of Justin. JK he is always willing to help (as long as there is not a BYU football game on). We decided that we needed to do a fall clean-up since I was large with child during the spring clean-up that didn't happen. I have to say, it is amazing how much junk "piles" up. I consider myself a conservative shopper. I don't buy my kids or myself much. My kids know not to even ask for crap unless it is their birthday or Christmas. And yet, we still have so much STUFF! I don't know where it comes from. Some from gifts, some from hand-me-downs, some from ?????? Anyway, after 8 hours of sorting, dumping bins, folding, sorting, folding, chucking, and more folding, we have a somewhat organized upstairs!!! Yeah! For months I have been avoiding the upstairs because I always come back down in a bad mood. Justin's car is FULL of stuff for the DI. Our garbage can is full and our house (upstairs anyway) is clear of clutter. I have been walking around smiling all morning.
For true appreciation, you must have seen the "before" .

Next up...the kitchen cabinets!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I was looking at the pictures and thinking, where is the before these look great! I know just what you mean by things just coming from nowhere. I have a nieghbor who told me that when she buys a birthday present for my kids she asks herself, "What will Shauna not throw away?" We've had a great time tossing things as we went through the basement. When we move everyone around for bedrooms there will be another big dump. I can't wait.

Our Family

Our Family