Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Early Summer

I really wish I was better at keeping a blog. I also wish I was better at taking pictures. Oh well, I can always improve. So much has happened since my last post. All the end of year activities for school. The girls dance recitals. Nates baseball tournaments. My Goldilocks race. I have pictures and videos of these events on my phone, but I am not sure how to transfer them yet. Maybe that will be my summer project, getting caught up.
I can already tell that summer is going to fly. We have a lot planned so it will keep us busy. So far, the highlights (for the kids at least) are playing most of the day with friends, going to 7 peaks, going to the dollar movie with dad, and tennis lessons. I just finished girls camp which was a lot of fun, but I am so glad to have it over. Nate just had his Eagle project on Saturday. He arranged to have all the sandbags removed from the neighbors yards and the debris cleaned up. There were 45 people who showed up to help remove the sandbags. It still took almost 3 hours of heavy lifting, but we did it. I am SO grateful that our neighbors were so supportive. We even had a neighbor show up who had just found out she had cancer the day before. Such a great example of service. Can you imagine how long it would have taken us otherwise?! Right now, the fire trucks are spraying the remaining silt from the yards and then it is finished. Very, very nice to have that done!
Now that all the stressful stuff is over, I can look forward to a vacation with Justin. I found out about a month ago that Justin is going on an Indo-Asian cruise for work. I was not about to pass up the opportunity to join him. We haven't ever been on a cruise and with my motion sickness and Justin's fear of being trapped out in the ocean, it should be good times. Really, I am super excited!! We leave on the fourth of July and we fly into Hong Kong, spend the night there and then board the boat, go to Sanya, China and then to two ports in Vietnam. I haven't ever been to any of those countries so I am really looking forward to seeing them. Justin will have meetings from 7pm to midnight and then 9am to 11am, but the rest of the time we will be together. Maybe, I will even find my real camera for the grand occasion.

2 comments:

Hotch Potch Girls said...

I'm so jealous of your Asian cruise! Sam still wants to take me to Korea and the rest of Asia. Someday we'll make it there. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your cruise, they are the best! But I've never gone quite that FAR.....I'm glad for you that Girls Camp is over, fun times but lots of work and little sleep:(

Our Family

Our Family