Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Disneyland Part 1

We hadn't taken our kids on vacation for 3 years so we decided to plan a trip to Disneyland and Sea World. When we found out that Nate had baseball tournaments in St. George and Las Vegas we decided that since we would already be part way there, we may as well continue on to California. We were joined by Ryan and Jen and Guy and Judy (a lot of and's). We spent 4 days in Disneyland and 4 in San Diego followed by another 3 in St. George for the tournament. It was a lot of fun and I loved being able to spend that much time with Justin and the kids. We are all so busy now that it isn't very often that we are all together anymore. To me, that was what made the trip. I was worried about the drive because we have always flown. The kids did great! I was so appreciative of the effort they made to get along. Kate and Ella started to show signs of missing their routine about 8 days in, but all in all, a very successful trip.

Gotta have the token Mickey flower picture.


When we took Nate to Disney the first time, he was 4 and was scared to death of this whale. This time it was Kate's turn to be afraid of him.

All the girls except Mikaela. We had so many kids with us that I had to keep counting all 9 of them to make sure we weren't loosing any. I had a couple of people ask me if they were all mine. Ha! Thanks to Justin for wearing BYU gear everyday.

Alexa and Addy. Our kids LOVED having Ryan and Jen's kids with us.

The Tea Cups. A favorite ride with a blessedly short line. Wednesday and Thursday were great for lines. Friday and Saturday were a bit more crowded, Ok a lot more crowded.

It's a Small World. It is our tradition to always make this our first ride (not sure if our next visit will keep that now that our kids are getting older). Kate and Faith's favorite ride.

Bug's Land at California Adventure. We would take turns watching the kids while the others went on Tower of Terror and California Screamin (I hadn't ever been on either, but loved both).

We ended the second day with the new water show at California Adventure. Pretty impressive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! I LOVE Disneyland and can't wait to get the the new water show....it was still under construction last time we were there. Does everyone tell you that you look like your mom??? I'm not seeing any Earl:-)) But she's beautiful and SO are you....

Our Family

Our Family