Monday, March 21, 2011

Kate's "Hair Fixing Place"

I love having people play with my hair. I am often trying to convince my girls that it would be fun to fix my hair. My older girls don't fall for it anymore, but I can sometimes get Kate excited by that idea. One afternoon, I was taking a break and had reclined back on my couch arm. Kate was being cooperative and was fixing my hair. I wasn't really paying attention to what she was doing, but she had run to the bathroom and back several times. She often goes back and forth to get brushes, combs, clips, etc. so I hadn't noticed her go into the kitchen. I hear her from behind me say "Don't cry mom K". This, of course, gets my attention and I turn to look and she has the kids scissors that Ella had used for her homework earlier and was about to take a chunk of my hair off right at the top of my head. That would have been a nice look huh? We had to have a little discussion about how at our house we don't cut hair, just fix it. (She was with me at my hair appointment when Laurie cut 10in. off my hair.) She said "Oh so this is the hair fixing place". Now whenever she fixes my hair she asks "Now, what place is this?" and I have to tell her "Just a hair fixing place."
Last night, we drove home from a long 11 day vacation. After unpacking and getting groceries etc. Justin and I sat on the couch to watch the BYU game. As usual, I asked if anyone wants to fix my hair. Kate comes running in "I do!" so she goes and gets a brush and starts "braiding" and putting into "pony tails". She asks me if I want a bun. I say "sure", so she pretends to do a bun then turns to Justin and asks him if he wants a bun to which he replies in the affirmative. Kate pauses for a second, looks at Justin and says, "I am not sure if you have hair". Ha!

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family