We went on the Cave of Wind tour where you get to walk right to the falls and get soaked. The yellow poncho's don't really help but it was so hot that it actually felt great.
After the Hurricane Deck.Later in the day we made the drive to Cooperstown. It wasn't too bad because Nate and Mikaela slept most of the time, but we didn't get to the dreams park where we were supposed to check Nate into the dorm where he would be spending the week with his team mates. It turns out that we just avoided several hours of waiting in long lines so I was okay with it. The place that the rest of us stayed was a little modular home that we shared with two other couples (Melissa Argyle and her son Colin and the Hales). It was a great price for the week and the kids LOVED the little pond with the paddle boat. Nate was there as much as he could sneak out. Mikaela probably caught a hundred fish. She and Colin spent most of their time fishing and would catch one each time they threw their line in. Nate loved catching the frogs. There were also five rabbits that roamed the property. The kids had a great time. Nate's team won 6 out of their 7 games. They did really well and had a lot of fun playing at the dreams park.

The opening ceremony was canceled due to heavy rain. This was, of course, after we had sat in it for quite awhile.

Outside the Baseball Hall of Fame. Mikaela wasn't a fan. I wouldn't feel too bad if I missed it next time. If there ever is a next time....shh don't tell Justin. He loved it.I didn't get a picture of the downtown area of Cooperstown, but Justin described it as Disneyland for baseball fans. Overall a great trip.







1 comment:
What a great trip! I have to admit, I'm always a little jealous when I see pictures of Palmyra and Niagara Falls.
The "hair story" gave me a little chuckle. Poor Nate!
Post a Comment