I have a new appreciation for my health. Early Saturday morning (3:46am) I woke up not feeling so well. Justin's alarm clock was set to go off in about 10 min. so that he could get to the airport for another trip. I ended up losing it about 2 min after I heard Justin's truck pull out and spent the next day and a half feeling awful! I hate being sick and I will fully fess up to being the world's biggest wimp when it comes to that sort of thing, but I have a couple of friends who are going through chemo or have just recently finished and I truly don't know how they deal with that, but I have the highest respect for anyone who has. Or women who have morning sickness all nine months (or even close to it). My respect is all yours. Luckily Mikaela stepped up and took care of Kate for me most of the day. She told me "Mom I have my phone set on the loudest ringer so just call me if you need anything." LOVE that girl! My good friend Amy sent over some Powerade and Lipton noodle soup so that I didn't get dehydrated.
Ryan and Jen also brought dinner over Sunday which was great because my kids hadn't really eaten in a day and a half. I feel so much better today and I once again have a new found appreciation for my health. I am so grateful for wonderful friends and family.
I had to miss a bridal shower for Heath's (my cousin) fiancee and I was bummed because I haven't seen anyone since Christmas, but I guess there is always the wedding or the 4th of July. I feel like I live far away with as little as I have seen of my family lately, but I am sure they are all surviving without my presence... :).
Now I have to face up to the fact that Dad gone +Mom sick=HUGE mess. We are gettin there.
No comments:
Post a Comment