Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kauai - Day 4

Michelle's been telling me for weeks now that day 4 of the trip is mine to update. She finally bribed me today to get it done so here we go.

We really had a great trip. On day four we got up early and drove to the other side of the island to Port Allen where Lady Luck was waiting to take us on a Napali coast tour.


We knew there was a chance that we'd get over to the Napali coast and the waves would be too high for Lady Luck to get there so we were crossing our fingers. We'd also paid to go snorkeling, but when we got there the swell was too high so we weren't able to do that. Bummer, but fortunately the weather cooperated and we were able to get over to the Napali coast line.

On the way to the Napali coastline we came across a pod of dolphins. That was really cool. The captain said there were probably 200 dolphins in this pod. Here's a video and some pics of the little flippers.




Seeing the dolphins and whales was awesome. We counted over 20 whales and then saw dolphins twice.


Michelle usually gets motion sickness so we bought her some medicine patches you put behind your ears to help prevent motion sickness. I don't remember the last time I got sick from motion. The captain told us as we were leaving that you need to be careful about going into the bathrooms because their small and people get sick. Well right as were getting into prime picture taking at the Napali coast I was feeling a little uneasy in my stomach so I decided I should go to the bathroom. While I was down there Michelle said the boat did a complete 180 turn, which I didn't know about. Michelle captured the moment well in the pic below. Man I wish I had put a patch on!
That's me ralphing into the bucket. No Fun!

Right after I was done hurling I turned around and this is what I saw. Easily one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

On the way back in they "opened up the bar", which brought a big cheer from the group. Michelle and I enjoyed our juice and granola bars. The others on the boat with us became a lot more social after a they got a few drinks in them. We had a great time on our boat tour.

We decided to go see a movie on our way back. I think our choices were Percy Jackson Lighthing Thief, or Dear John. There is only one theater on the whole island so you take what you can get. I don't rember which one we watched, because we came back and watched the other one the next night.

I do remember Dear John put Michelle in a good mood so I really liked that show. Day 4 was awesome!

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family