Justin is out of town on business in Singapore. The kids are all in bed and I am just going through some old pictures. I found these of our 2005 trip to Thailand and thought that it would be good to post them because I plan on printing these blog pages as a journal and thought it would be fun to have a record of our family trip to Thailand. It is fun for me to see the kids and how they have changed in the past four years. We went in April of 2005 while we lived in Korea. One of the benefits of living over sea's is that you get to travel a lot. We were also able to go to Malaysia and Hawaii. Maybe I will post about those trips also. We all had a great time while in Thailand. It was so beautiful and so different from the U.S. Most of the housing we saw was very poor, but then next door would be a huge palace. It seemed to have a huge gap between the two. The traffic in Bangkok was horrible, but when we drove to Pattaya it was just beautiful. It was fun to see them using elephants to build buildings and to carry heavy loads. The kids had a great time swimming and visiting the zoo's and Justin and I very much enjoyed the two Thai massages that we were able to sneak in. It was a great and much needed family vacation.

Justin told me he wouldn't let Nate touch the snake. Uh huh.

They actually let you hold and feed a tiger. Alexa got a pretty good scratch on her leg. Luckily, it didn't get infected.

The kids loved the pool and spent as much time as possible there.

Part of the Grand Palace in Bangkok. I had to wear one of their skirts because my ankles were showing. I also had to borrow a guys shoes (gross I know) because I had worn sandals and you couldn't show your feet either. There was a Buddhist temple there and I hadn't realized that they were so modest.

Riding elephants at the botanical garden. It was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The elephants were bigger that I thought and I was a bit nervous to fall off because I was holding Ella who was only about six months at the time.

This was taken at a dinner that we ate that was on the top floor of the tallest building in Bangkok. I don't remember exactly how tall it was, but it was up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment