I have been wanting to update this blog for awhile, but I keep thinking that I will wait until I can post pictures. I have been unable to upload pictures for a few weeks because I lent the cable out. Until I have it back...no pictures. Just to update a few things that have been going on in our lives...
-We have been working on finishing the basement. Well, other people have been doing the work, but we have put a lot of thought and money into it. How about that? The finish work should be finished today and the carpet comes in two weeks. I will post pics when done.
-I had surgery on an ovarian cyst. All went well and I now have cool pictures of my liver, ovaries, fallopian tubes ect. ( I won't post those).
-I finished my first triathalon. It was a fun, laid back kind of triathalon that raised money for the homeless coalition. It was a challenge for me though and I feel a real sense of accomplishment for finishing. I found that I LOVE biking and want to do several next summer. Well, at least two.
-Nathan broke his finger while playing football. Someone stepped on it. He is doing fine. The refs actually told him that he can play if he has a doctors note and pads the cast so that it is not a weapon. Justin is working on that.
-Ella started preschool for the first time. She just turned five last Friday. I normally just teach my kids preschool myself, but since she just missed kindergarten decided that she would like getting out of the house. She really likes it. I was able to get her into the preschool at our Elementary school so she is getting used to being there.
I need to take Ella to preschool, so that will be all for now.
Just one more thing.
I was making some scrambled eggs for breakfast and I asked Ella if she would like some. She said yes so I dished her a bowl. She took one bite, said that she didn't want them. I told her that I wasn't making anything else because she is famous for wanting me to make her three different things at each meal. She seemed okay with that so I cleaned up. As soon as I started the dishwasher she asked for a peanut butter sandwhich. I told her that she would have to wait until lunch..she had already had a bowl of cereal and wasn't going to starve anytime soon. She lays on the floor and starts crying loudly. I tell her if she wants to cry she should go to her room to do so because I didn't want to hear it. She stands up and sticks out her hip and says "FINE! Just just go ahead and hate me if you want to. I don't care!" Where does she get that? I just had to laugh.
1 comment:
It's amazing what they come up with! That's exciting you're getting your basement done:)
Post a Comment