Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ray Barrus 5K




Mikaela and Jen....The two first placers

On the fourth of July, Grantsville holds an annual 5k. We usually try to run it each year if we spend the day in G-ville. Justin has a torn ACL so he didn't join us, and Nate just didn't want to, but Mikaela and I did. I had trained pretty well this year so I actually enjoyed it. I am not all that good, but it was fun. Mikaela ran the childrens 1 mile and she took first place in her age group. She is so competitive! She threw up when she was done because she pushed herself so hard. She does not get that from her mommy. I will do about anything to avoid vomit. Anyway...Jen took first place overall for the women. Her time was barely over 18 min. and she was disappointed because she wanted to come in under 18. Lets just say that it took me a little bit longer. It was fun to spend the day in Gville with family and some friends from high school. Good stuff.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were a runner! I can walk all day, but don't ask me to run.... I hate it! Good for you guys!

Allison said...

I've ran that race before! If I remember right it was all down hill until the very end. I remember seeing the finish line but couldn't get my legs to go any faster! Sounds like you guys did great!

Our Family

Our Family