Last year, February 2007 according to the warranty, our van transmission went out. Friday, on our way home from meeting nephew Scott at the airport returning from his mission, transmisson dies AGAIN. So we have our lovely little family of seven sitting on the side of I-15. Justin calls the repair shop that rebuilt the transmission the first time and they ask "do you have towing insurance?" No,no we do not. (Justin informs me this morning that towing insurance is only $7 a year, why do we not have towing insurance?) So we get to pay full price for towing-k-. Next, how do we get all seven of us home. It is just getting dark outside and it is cold. Being the brilliant person that I am, I am wearing a short sleeved shirt with no coat in sight. Who has extra room for seven people? No one. Luckily for us, Jared is just leaving work and Jen was just getting out of a movie in Orem. Between the two of them we were all able to get home. Yea! Ryan was also kind enough to show up with pizza just after we arrived home.
We have decided that it is probably time to part with the van because we have already had to put 5 thousand in repairs into that lovely van. It is not that old. It shouldn't have had so many problems, but it has so we are getting sick of it. We are now looking for a new vehicle. Justin wants to go the SUV route, but I am too practical. Vans get better gas mileage, are easy for kids to get in and out of, and drive like a car. I would probably smash into everything I passed in a big SUV. They are also cheaper. Lets not forget that.
For now, I am stranded. That can't last long however, because as has been mentioned a couple of times, I have five children that have to be driven about.
Let the car hunting begin! Ulcers are forming at the thought.
3 comments:
I'm all for a van! I love the idea of my kids being able to get in, out and buckle themselves. I also worry about parking a SUV. I'm sure I would take out everything around me. Good luck! It's always fun to get a new car.
The joys of cars.......!
I don't know what kind of Van you have....but we bought a used Honda Odyssey and we LOVE it! We haven't had any problems with it yet. Good luck hunting!
I'm so sorry! There is not much I hate more than shopping for a car. I'm with you, cheep, great gas mileage and easy to load kids, vans are great!
Post a Comment