On the third day of our cruise, we woke to see thousands of tiny rock islands jutting out of the ocean in every direction. It was probably the most amazing landscape I have ever seen. Justin and I had no idea how cool Halong Bay was. Our two lady friends from England told us that this was the reason they came on the cruise. This day was also our favorite tour. We went on the boat tour of the bay with a stop at Thien Cung Cave. It made Timpanogos cave seem tiny.
 |
| Part of the view we awoke to on our third day. |
 |
| One of many families who live on these boats and sell fruit to the tourists. These boats look like they are about to sink. |
|
 |
| Inside the cave. |
 |
| View as we came up to the cave. There were so many tourist boats! |
|
|
 |
| A lady who climbed onto the side of our boat. Try turning that down. Those poor kids! I can't imagine trying to raise my family on a tiny boat in the middle of the ocean. |
 |
| The floating village where all the boat families tie down in the evening. There was even a bank. |
 |
| All the tourist boats "parked" outside the cave. |
 |
| This was Justin's favorite boat family. He has a soft heart for daughters. |
 |
| Inside the cave. |
2 comments:
That was a really great day. I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for recording these babe. This will be a great way to remember all these good times. Your'e the best!
looks like a great vacation! I think you and Laurie should definitely become the english ladies! :)
Post a Comment