I have been avoiding updating the blog because I still don't have pictures to post. Well, we have been taking pictures, but I don't think my computer is updated to use the new camera and I am not in the mood to find it and figure it out right now. I have decided that it doesn't really matter anyway.
We have had a really nice holiday season. We have been able to visit with a lot of our families and even see some old friends. It is always hectic though and I always feel like I need a holiday after the holidays. Justin was able to be home a lot more during December which has been wonderful. Without school or travel he was home most evenings and even took a week off for his knee surgery, so my "emotional bucket" is feeling fuller than it has in years. This is good because Justin just left for Singapore again yesterday.
I was just released as the Primary secretary last week and while I was a little emotional about not being around all of the sweet little kids anymore, I am really looking forward to being able to attend classes for myself. As the secretary, I felt like I was running around all the time and never got to sit back and learn for myself. I felt my spirituality decrease some as a result and after just having this week to attend Sunday school, I feel lighter already. I was called to be the YW camp director. I am excited for this new opportunity because, for one, I have always loved girls camp, and I love YW also. Plus, I don't have to stress each week about having lists, reminders and agenda's etc. done. Now, if I can just get Kate to go to nursery consistently, I might just consider Sunday a day of rest once more.
Nathan and Mikaela are both playing basketball now. Yesterday was the first day of city league so it was Mikaela's first game ever. Nate has been playing in an accelerated league since the end of October, but had his first city league game yesterday also. Mikaela had a hard time letting go of the girl she was supposed to be defending (even on offense). But after a few minutes she got the idea and did well. Nate's team won by a landslide. They stopped adding points for Nates team at 54-2. Finally the other team made another basket at the end and had a total of 4pts. I felt awful for the other team. I think we all cheered louder for the last 2 points than any other time in the game. Baseball starts tonight as we have the parents meeting. I think practices start next week. It is crazy how serious Spanish Fork takes baseball. It won't end until August. We have made the decision to just quit playing baseball twice now and then something happens to cause us to change our minds. I still don't know if it is the right thing to be doing since it takes up so much time and money. We do enjoy all the family time we get to spend together in support of it though. I have a hard time knowing where to draw the line and find the balance in life. We have made a lot of cut-backs this year and it has helped. MJ and Alexa are also in ballroom dance and Ella started preschool. That is it. I have decided to teach the kids piano myself and it has worked ok. Not wonderful, but I like that I can see for myself how they are progressing a little better.
Well as this new year starts, we have a lot to be grateful for and I am trying to focus on those things and just enjoy life as much as possible rather than stress so much. So far so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment