Justin was asked to go support one of his Southeast Asia co-workers at the Stevie Awards (an award for women in business) in New York City this past weekend. Of course we decided that it was too good an opportunity for me to pass up. Really that has happened a lot over the past 18 months, but when all you have to pay for is airfare and you have flyer miles to cover that? It has proven too much to pass up lately. We have been to upstate New York, but neither of us has ever been to the city. It was a really short trip. We were only gone for a total of 27 hrs, including travel time. We left Friday morning, getting up at 3:30 am to catch our flight and returned Saturday night. Our hotel was located in Time Square which was nice because we were able to see it by just walking out the door. We were also able to squeeze in Statue of Liberty and World Trade Center rebuild along with exploring the city around the hotel. We thought of it as a long date and had a great time.
(I am having a hard time fixing the pictures that I really messed up. It is late and I have a 5:30 am appointment at the gym so I am going to say that I was just being really creative in the layout. Melissa, Justin's co-worker that we went to support, won the award which was really cool because she was so happy. The pictures are all out of order and maybe on another day when I find a few spare minutes, I will fix it.)

Staten Island Ferry (free :)) that we took to see the Statue of Liberty. We didn't have time for a real tour, but this worked out just fine because I could imagine my ancestors seeing it the same way while they came to shore while coming to America.

World Trade Center rebuild.


Lady Liberty, The Stevie Awards dinner, Melissa receiving her award, Time square, and Rockefeller Plaza



1 comment:
Wow! You are the traveling girl lately. How fun though that you get to go to all of these cool places!
Post a Comment